Let your light shine for Lanterman! Join us in supporting people with developmental disabilities at “This Little Light of Mine” candlelight vigil. Be a part of the movement by rallying at the Capitol on Wednesday, June 17th at 9:00AM. Start at 15th and K and march to the Capitol. Bring a light (flash light, battery operated candles, headlamps, etc.)
From the Arc California & UCP:
The message to Governor Brown and the Legislature from all these events is the same: Keep the Lanterman promise of community services for people with developmental disabilities, no cuts from the already-inadequate funding that the Legislature’s budget conference committee has passed.
How to get involved in the virtual vigil:
- Go to Lanterman’s YouTube page. Copy the link for the video, “Let It Shine,” and paste it to your Facebook or Twitter.
- Include the hashtags: #LetItShine #KeepThePromise #DoTheRightThing #CABudget
- And tag the two legislative leaders and governor: @kdeleon @ToniAtkins @JerryBrownGov
More ideas of things to do:
- Take a selfie holding a candle, lighter, flashlight or standing/sitting next to a lamp. Post the pictures on Facebook and Twitter to show solidarity.
- We are One Community! Let’s show it by flooding social media with images that depict #ShineTheLight!!
It’s not over yet… We’re still fighting to fund regional centers and community programs for Californians with developmental disabilities!!! Here’s how you can make your voice heard: http://arcanet.org/10-advocacy-plan/keepthepromise.html